Returns and exchanges
We hope you will be delighted with your purchase. However if you change your mind, please return it to us in its original condition with any labels still attached and in its original packaging (must be fully saleable) within 28 days and we’ll refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 30 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we mean unused and in its original packaging with labels.
In the case of refunds this will include the outbound delivery cost. Return postage charges are non-refundable unless your order was faulty or incorrect. If you fail to return goods at your expense, the Science Museum Online Shop reserves the right to charge the direct costs for their recovery and may offset that amount against any refund due.
Please note that all items purchased within promotional offers must all be returned in a fully saleable condition to be eligible for a refund; for example, if three items were bought in a 3for2 offer, all three must be returned.
We regret that, very occasionally, items develop faults. For items that have developed a manufacturing fault within six months of purchase, please contact our online customer services team on 0207 942 4000 (option 3) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a replacement or refund. Please do not return items without first speaking to our Customer Services team for advice. Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns where the order was received longer than six months ago.
Please note that gift wrap is non-refundable.
How to return an item:
You can return products purchased online to our online returns centre address listed below. The value of the returned product(s) at the time of purchase will be refunded in full to the same credit/debit card used to purchase the goods. Please allow up to 14 days from the receipt of your return for a refund to be processed.
- Complete the online returns form included as part of your dispatch note.
- Where possible, package your items in their original packaging including the online returns slip. Please note that when returning an item, the parcel is your responsibility until it reaches us and we cannot accept responsibility for any returned items that are lost in the post. We recommend that you use a secure service and ask your post office for a proof of posting (available free of charge). This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
- Returns should be sent to:
Please note we will only accept returns of items purchased from the Science Museum Online Shop or Science Museum store. Any Science Museum branded products which have not been purchased via either of these two channels must be returned to the retailer where the purchase was made.
If you are returning an item which was purchased from the Science Museum store, please use the Returns address below:Returns
Science Museum Store
If you wish to receive replacement goods, please return your original items and place a new order via our website. We regret that we are currently unable to exchange goods via the returns centre unless damaged/faulty. If you have any questions please contact our online shop Customer Services team on 0207 942 4000 (option 3) or email email@example.com
Please note the following items are excluded from this policy and are non-refundable unless damaged or faulty, for reasons of hygiene and safety:
- Personalised items (custom made items to specific requirements)
- Perishable or edible items e.g. sweets, food
- If the seal is broken on items such as earrings, tights and underwear
- Custom prints