Returns and exchanges
RETURNS, EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
This page contains useful information about how to return and exchange goods delivered from our online shop and is subject to our Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
Christmas Returns Window
We understand the importance of finding the perfect gift this year, and we want to make sure you get it right, whether that's size, colour or otherwise. That's why we're pleased to announce that we've extended our returns window for all your Christmas shopping needs. Items purchased between November 1st and December 31st can now be returned until January 31st.
Returns and refunds:
We hope you will be delighted with your purchase. However, if you change your mind, please return the goods to us in their original condition and packaging, with any labels still attached, and we will provide you with a refund.
You must return an item and request a refund from us within 30 days of receiving your order, except in the case of faulty goods, for which we offer extended returns as set out below.
For items that have developed a manufacturing fault within six months of purchase, please contact our online customer services team on 0330 058 0058 (option 1, followed by option 4) or by emailing email@example.com to arrange a replacement or refund. Please do not return the faulty goods without first speaking to our Customer Services team for advice. We usually cannot replace or refund faulty items purchased more than six months ago.
Please note that all items purchased within promotional offers must all be returned in a fully saleable condition to be eligible for a refund; for example, if three items were bought with a 3for2 offer, all three must be returned.
What you can’t return:
Please note the following items are non-refundable unless they are delivered to you in a damaged or faulty state, for reasons of hygiene and safety:
- Personalised items (i.e. custom made items to specific requirements);
- Perishable or edible items (e.g. sweets and other food & drink );
- Items which were sealed prior to delivery, where the seal has been broken (e.g. earrings, tights and underwear);
- Items which have been used, soiled, washed, altered or worn;
- Custom prints; and
- Gift wrapping.
If you return goods to us which you have used or damaged, we will reduce your refund to compensate us for the reduced value to the goods. In some cases, because of the way you have treated the product, no refund may be due.
How to return an item:
You can return products purchased online to our online returns centre. To do so, please follow our returns process:
- Complete the returns form included as part of your dispatch note in your order package.
- Where possible, package your items in their original packaging including the online returns slip. Please note that when returning an item, the parcel is your responsibility until it reaches us and we cannot accept responsibility for any returned items that are lost in the post. We recommend that you use a secure service and ask your post office for a proof of posting (available free of charge). You are responsible for covering the cost of return postage, unless your order is faulty or incorrect in which case we will provide you with a freepost label.
- Returns should be sent to:
Science Museum Shop Returns
- Once we have received and checked the goods returned to us, we will process your refund. Please allow up to 14 days following dispatch of your return for this to take place. The value of the returned product(s) at the time of purchase, together with the value of our standard outbound delivery charge, will be refunded in full to the same credit/debit card used to purchase the goods. Please note that we do not refund the extra cost of any non-standard delivery charges (i.e. our express and upgraded delivery charges) over and above our standard delivery rates.
The above returns process only applies to items purchased from the Science Museum Online Shop.
If you are returning an item which was purchased in person from the Science Museum store, please use the Returns address below:
Science Museum Store
Any Science Museum branded products which have not been purchased from us must be returned to the retailer where the purchase was made.
If you wish to receive exchange your goods, please return your original items and place a new order via our website. We regret that we are currently unable to exchange goods via the returns centre unless damaged or faulty.
If you have any questions, please contact our online shop Customer Services team on 0330 058 0058 (option 1, followed by option 4) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
None of the above affects your statutory rights.